This week’s learning targets in science:
- llustrate and explain a day as the time it takes a planet to make a full rotation about its axis
- Diagram the path (orbital ellipse) the Earth travels as it revolves around the Sun
- Illustrate and explain a year as the time it takes a planet to revolve around the Sun
- Explain the relationships between a planet’s length of year (period of revolution) and its position in the solar system
- Relate the axial tilt and orbital position of the Earth as it revolves around the Sun to the intensity of sunlight falling on different parts of the Earth during different seasons
This Tuesday is our district transition day. If you do not want your child to travel to the middle school for a tour, please return the reverse permission slip that was sent home last week.
This Friday is Career Day. All afternoon, students will be able to learn more about various careers.
Please be sure that all lunch balances and library fines are paid as soon as possible. Final grades will not be sent home until these balances are caught up.
There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, May 26th.
Don’t forget- Wednesday, May 28th is the LAST DAY. Students will be released at 12:30.
Have a great week!
~Mrs. Rasco 🙂